The Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon is Sunday, May 19. Many roads, including Detroit Ave, will be closed beginning at 6:30am. See full closings. Walk or ride your bike if you can. If you need to drive Sunday morning, parking south of Franklin Blvd is suggested. Additional traffic information is as follows:
1. There will be vehicular crossings at W. 58th & Detroit/Franklin, W. 85th & Detroit and W. 65th & Detroit/Franklin (after 10:30am). Depending on the time of day, you will have delays as runners have the right of way.
2. The westbound lane on Detroit will remain open west of W. 65th and starting around 10:30am the westbound lane will open for the entirety of Detroit Ave.
3. Drivers looking to get to and from the Battery Park neighborhood can travel on Lake Ave both east and west and will be able to head north on W. 73rd to travel eastbound on the Shoreway or into the neighborhood via W. 74th or W. 76th.
4. W. 85th is the primary north/south access point for residents in the western portion of the neighborhood. Drivers will be able to head north/south on W. 85th between Madison & Lake, north/south on W. 75th between Franklin & Detroit and south on W. 74th from Detroit to Franklin.
5. The marathon security team may make minor changes day of the race as needed to keep traffic moving. It will depend on where issues develop. If you hear of anything please email email@example.com on race morning so we can accommodate residents as best as possible.
RTA will reroute the 22 and 26. The 22 will take I-90 between the W. 41/44 exits and Ontario St, with layover at W. Prospect (behind Terminal Tower). The 26 going east will leave the West Blvd-Cudell Red Line station and take Madison, Bridge, and I-90 to Ontario St, with layover at W. Prospect (behind Terminal Tower). Similar route in reverse going west.
Please email Adam Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
Cheer with Your Neighbors
Meet in front of Capitol Theatre, 65th & Detroit, to cheer on the runners as they make their way through the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood!
To volunteer with setup (7am), cheering (7:45-12pm), or tear down (12:30-1pm) email email@example.com.